The Corona Virus Pandemic is changing how we travel. Social Distancing is the new normal in today’ s world.
Health is the primary concern during this challenging times. And one industry that is most hard hit by this word wide problem is the travel industry.
Many countries initiated some sort of lock down. Local and international airports were closed down to prevent the spread of the disease. One such country is the Philippines.
But we should stay positive. We can beat COVID-19. And when all things are cleared, we will continue to enjoy travelling but under the “NEW NORMAL” rules.
“NEW NORMAL” means we should still remain vigilant. Social distancing will remain, and so are wearing face mask and frequent hand washing and sanitation.
Hopefully we can flatten the curve, and beat this deadly virus so that we can go back to our normal lives, and get to travel to visit our loved ones!!!
One of the major airline companies here in that Philippines that will be implementing the NEW NORMAL rules is Philippine Airlines. There will be changes on how they operate from booking your tickets via their ticketing office, getting checked in at the airport, or even inside the plane before, during and after your flight.
Here are the new guidelines on how to proceed with your bookings and flights for Philippine Airlines once domestic and international flights resume:
How to Book Tickets At The Philippine Airlines Ticketing Offices under the New Normal?
- Thermal scans will be done for every customer
- People inside and outside the premises are required to follow social distancing.
- Transparent barriers will be set up at the counters
- PAL Staff will be wearing protective face masks
- NO MASK, NO ENTRY FOR ALL VISITORS
Things to remember before your PAL Flights:
- FACE MASKS are required in all flights. Surgical, ear-loop or even DIY Mask will be accepted unless you will be flying in to countries or cities that ONLY allow passengers to wear surgical masks.
- Hand carry items will be limited to only 2 Kilos per Passenger. Additional 5 kg Free baggage Allowance will be provided. Under terms and conditions.
- You are allowed to bring with you hand sanitizers, alcohol and other travel essentials for up to 10 pieces in 100 ml containers for your carry ons.
- Passengers are encouraged to Check In via online
- Please arrive early at the airport. Suggested is 4 hours prior for international flights and 3 hours prior for domestic flights.
New Normal at the the Check In Counters and at Airport
- Thermal Scans at every airport entrance
- Practice Social Distancing at the Check in counters
- Sanitizers will be available in select areas at the airport
- Philippine Staff and Crew will be wearing face masks and gloves.
- Airport Staff and Security will be roaming around the airport to ensure social distancing is being implemented by the passengers.
Pre Boarding and Boarding Guidelines
- Social Distancing at the Boarding gates and onboard the Shuttle bus
- Sanitizers will be available
- Philippine Airline Staff will be warring face masks and gloves
- Sanitizing Floor mats before entering the aircraft in key airports
During your Flight
- Cabin Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cabin Crew in FULL PPR or Personal Protective Equipment
- Simplified meal and snack service
- Social Distancing Cabin Seating Options
- HEPA Filters and fresh cabin Air to protect against viruses
- Face mask are required for all passengers
- Sanitizing floor mats upon deplaning
- Health locater forms and other health documents given to passengers in select flights
- Baggage Pushcart handles will be disinfected regularly
- Roaming airport staff will monitor social distancing at the airport
Even for MABUHAY MEMBERS, Philippine Airlines will implement the NEW NORMAL rules for the usage of the Mabuhay Miles Lounge located at key airports:
- Sanitizing Mats at the entrance of the Mabuhay Lounge
- Social Distancing at the seating areas
- Sanitizers are available
- Staff wearing protective gear
- Meals will be served in sealed packaging. Beverages will be served on demand.
These are just some of new changes that we should follow when flights and travel will be allowed. For now, we just have to stay at home and help flaten the curve!!!
Kaya nating ito mga ka 1 Piso Fare Family…. keep safe and see you soon!!!
LIKE and SHARE